Saturday, August 4, 2012

Water, water, everywhere...

     Here's one reason why Mexico City is good for your soul. You learn to appreciate things you have taken for granted all your life. Yesterday, the water delivery guy came. Three giant jugs of drinking water were waiting in the foyer of my apartment when I got home from work, and I swear I heard a choir of angels sing! And then today, the maid came, and this tiny, wonderful woman lifted that 30 litre jug up to shoulder height (hers, not mine) and installed it onto my recently purchase counter top water dispenser. What does one say? Gracias hardly seems adequate. I just stood there in aw. I'm not sure I will ever be able to replicate the act without taking a small bath in my drinking water. The next time you turn on a tap for a drink of water, think of me and stop to appreciate the little things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment