Saturday, August 25, 2012

All Schools Should Be This Beautiful
















     Some of these photos were taken in the dark on my way inside, and so I apologize for the quality. This school is gorgeous, well-funded, well-staffed, and has a rigorous and effective curriculum. Teachers have ample planning time and support, they are encouraged to take part in quality professional development that is fully funded by the school, and for which there is release time from duties. The facility strives to have state of the art centers for art, libraries, athletics, and no one doubts that all of the pieces are necessary to create a globally competitive school that sends students to Yale and Harvard, and that helps create quality human beings that will be the world's future leaders. Imagine a world where every country placed that kind of importance on education, and actually put their money where their mouths were. So to all the teachers who were on their knees scrubbing and painting with supplies they furnished themselves on the days before their contracts actually began so that their classrooms and libraries would be ready for students, I thought of you all fondly as I watched paid painters, carpenters and gardeners beautify my new space. I will never really leave you, and I will always sing your praises. Someday... yes, someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment