Sunday, August 19, 2012

A Walk in the Neighborhood










     Finally, I felt comfortable enough with directions and my area to take a camera with me as I went to the local street market last week-end. I thought I would document some of the beauty, architecture and vibrant activity that is so cool in Mexico City. I didn't buy anything, but I finally have a tiny handle on the money. You know, would it be too much to ask that my high school and college Spanish teachers had started the whole money thing with $100 instead of $1? I mean really, didn't they realize that with the exchange rate- 100 pesos equals less than $10 US dollars? Veinte (20- nearly the top of what I remembered) pesos buys nothing! But now I have it down (sort of). Doscientos is under $20, and as long as I go nowhere without a pad and pen, I'm good. Yup, 200 looks just like 200 no matter how you say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment